my Ogden~Cronin Genealogy
genealogy of the ogden & cronin families of massachusetts
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]


Matches 51 to 100 of 193

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 Next»

   Notes   Linked to 
51 from The '65 Lance, Bishop Fenwick yearbook:
friends: Teresita "Terry" A. Rogalski (now Fisset), Eloise M. Como, Patricia "Pat" N. Lamberti
member of the Sodality group (A sodality, also known as a Union of Prayer or Confraternity, is an older designation for lay ecclesial movements or organizations in the Roman Catholic Church) along with Pat & Terry; and Glee club (with Pat)

Places of Residence:
9 Harrison Avenue, Beverly
36 Appleton Avenue, Beverly (bef 1970)
Reading; Apt
Mt Pleasant, Woburn (bef 1976)
1 Lakeridge Drive, Georgetown
Ruth Catherine CRONIN
52 Amelia Ogden crossed over from Canada into Vanceboro, Maine on June 17, 1914 with her children Bert ("Bertie"?) 12, Cora 10, Ella 8, Jessie 6, Gladys 4, and Hazel 3 and only 5 dollars in her pocket. Her recorded closest relative was her brother George Crosby (must mean George Crossman?) in Moncton, N.B. to join her husband Jas A. Ogden in Hampden, ME. Their last permanent residence was Moncton, N.B. She is listed as 5'-3(?)", dark complection, brown hair, green eyes.
(from "List or Manifest of Alien Passengers Applying for Admission", Port of Vanceboro Maine, sheet 12)

Locust Grove Cemetery
Main Road South
(Route 1A)
Hampden, Maine
County of Penobscot

Transcribed by Mike Desmarais e-mail

died at 13 Andrew Street in Cambridge - a Mrs. Mary A. Hopkins lived at 23 Andrew in 1923 - coincidence?

Index to New Brunswick Marriages
Date 1900 | 11 | 10 (Y-M-D)
Parish ----
Number 2447
Reference B4/1900
Microfilm F15594  
Amelia Jane CROSSMAN
53 possibly in France during WWI Roy W. CROSSMAN
54 "Uncle Bill" (Patrick) worked in the bake shop on occasion with (S. Henry Simon). (per MCC & RKS) Patrick William DOHERTY
55 portion of death notice:
Salem - Miss Helen M. Doyle, 82, of 357 Essex Street, died this morning in the Lafayette Nursing Home following a long illness. Born in Salem, she was the daughter of the late Michael J. and Catherine (Donlon) Doyle. She attended St. Mary's Grammar School and was a graduate of Salem High School. She also attended Salem Normal School. Until her retirement several years ago, she had been employed as a bookkeeper at Almy's of Salem. Surviving her are two sisters, Miss Catherine J. Doyle and Mrs. William J. (Elizabeth) Tellier, both of Salem; one niece, Mrs. Frank K. (Cathy) Babb of Peabody; and several cousins. 
Ellen M. DOYLE
56 Sec 4, Range 8, Cor 19 Johanna DOYLE
57 The following is from: Salem Maritime National Historic Site - Historical Research 1626-1990:
In 1873 Johanna, Daniel, Catherine, and Michael Leahy bought the house at 106 Derby Street from the heirs of Henry Rope's widow, Mary, who died in 1865 (Snell 1976b:5-11). This brick house, now known as the Derby House, was built by Richard Derby, Sr. in 1761-1762, for his son Elias Hasket Derby, apparently on the occasion of his marriage in 1761. Richard Derby purchased the property, then vacant, in 1760. Elias and his family moved to another house in 1782, renting the former dwelling as a two-family house. The house and lot were sold to Captain Henry Prince in 1796 (he is believed to have built the West India Goods Store c. 1800-1805). In 1827 the Merchants Bank of Salem sold the Derby House property to John W. Osgood (Baltimore) and Henry Ropes. Henry Ropes became the sole owner in 1843 and he remained there until he died in 1861.
In 1866 the Leahy family was listed at 3 Tuckers Wharf, which was also described as the "foot of Tuckers Wharf" (The Salem Directory 1866:100). Three years later, in 1869, Patrick, Daniel and Johanna boarded at 1 Palfrey Court, where they remained through 1872 (The Salem Directory 1869:98). By 1881, Johanna, Bartholomew, and Daniel Leahy were in residence at 106 Derby Street (The Salem Directory 1881:126). Ten years later, the Leahy family was still at No. 106, where they divided the house with Catherine and Hohn Noonan (The Naumkeag Directory for Salem, etc. 1890-91:243). Catherine Leahy obtained sole title to the property in 1895 (Snell 1976b:9), but by 1901, the residence, now known as 168 Derby, was occupied by Catherine Noonan, Thomas Deasy, and Michael Walsh. (CRO Note: Johanna died in 1900, Daniel moved to Beverly that same year.)
... The Leahy's collaborated to purchase the house, and the collaboration involved Johanna and her two adult sons, Bartholomew and Daniel. The elder sonse, who were married , set up separate households within the extended family that occupied the dwelling, while the unmarried children continued to live with their mother. Home ownership obviously stretched their resources to the limit since not only did all adult children work but Johanna also took in boarders within her household. In addition to obvious sources of work at the cotton mills, occupants of the former Derby mansion found jobs in the 1880s in what was left of the maritime industry (as a stevedore - one who loads and unloads ships in port).

copied from RKS 3/2/80 Mumi memo: ["are her pencil notes"], {are my notes}:
Johanna (Doyle) Leahy came to America from County Waterford with several of her seven children before 1865. The oldest of the children was Catherine Leahy {actually she was not the oldest} who came to Salem after the others were settled here. Catherine was 11 years old when she arrived in 1865 {?}. The father of this family did not come with them. Either he had died or was hospitalized in Ireland. The other members of the family were Bridget ["not married"], Bartholemew ["married Catherine Walsh -Barbara's aunt"; "Kate Leahy & a son who died"], Charles (also known as Mike) ["not married"], Daniel ["Anni & a son"], Mary ["Cronan"; "Annie Mallone & John"], Margaret ["Chas. Clo...tman"] (and Catherine).
["Johanna was burried with her son Charlie "Mike" Leahy in St. Mary's Cemetary, Salem, MA; sec. 4, Range 8, Cor 19. She died May 11, 1900 at 76 years."]
Johanna DOYLE
58 Believed not to have immigrated to America Mary FOLEY
59 Named on death record of Lucy Joseph HANSON
60 Hannah Harwood is listed as having married Thomas Wheeler 10/10/1657, in the Concord Records book (p. 9). However, her name is spelled Hana Harrod - there seem to be many strange spellings and spelling errors in this book. There is a Mary Harrod, widow, listed on the same page. This Mary Harrod, widow, is listed as Mary Haward, with Harrod noted as the spelling in the County record. There is a John Haward married to Rebake Atkison listed on page 8. This John and Rebake are listed as Heywood on page 9. THEREFORE, it appears these names all refer to the same family: Harwood, Harrod, Haward, and Heywood; and John Heywood and Mary Haward may be siblings of Hannah Harwood!
61 Mrs. Mary Hunt Pray Simon
was Mrs. Mary Pray when she married John Simon
after John Simon died she lived with Charles H. Pray in Quincy - presumedly her son. 
62 "of Mason, NH, - The History of Mason says Ebenezer came to Mason in 1759, however the marriage record shows he was there as early as 1756.
Revolutionary service. (note: check this, it may just be 'war' service)
Census 1790: Males over 16:2, females:4." (Story of the Bloods) 
Ebenezer Blood JR.
63 Catherine was a warm person, and a very pleasant lady, according to her grandson Harry. Her grandchildren say that she would not talk about her past in Ireland.
Catherine, travelling either alone or with a cousin?, came to America at the age of 11 (per RKS 3/2/80 Mumi memo), by steamer stearage after the death of her father in Ireland. Her mother and siblings were already living in Salem, MA, while she had stayed in Ireland with her father. Catherine came from County Waterford to America in 1865 (RKS "blue folder").

She lived at 106 Derby Street (renumbered 168 Derby around 1897), the Derby House, where her mother operated a boarding house. Others listed at this address: Daniel Leahy (laborer) 1874-94, 93-94; Joanna (widow of Patrick) Leahy 1874-98 (at 109 Derby 1890-91), Michael Leahy (boards 1874-1898), Bartholomew Leahy (1881-1898, Chelsea in 1884), and Edmund Canty in 1881(same year he married Catherine). Bart, Daniel and Joanna first appear in the Salem Directory in 1866 at House at foot of Tuckers Warf; later at 1 Palfray Court with Michael and Patrick (who only appears in 1869) from 1869-1872. Joanna Leahy (widow of Patrick) died 5/11/1900. Daniel removed to Beverly, 1900, and died in 1906 at the age of 59 (therefore born abt. 1847).

Catherine died September 14, 1936 at the Salem Hospital after an extended illness. According to her obituary, she was well known in Ward One.

According to the 1910 US Census, Catherine and Edward lived at 35 Daniels Street in Salem, MA. At this same address was the family of Michael and Catherine Doyle - cousin?? 
Catherine LEAHY
64 Sec 4, Range 8, Cor 19 Charles (Michael) LEAHY
65 Deb and I collaborated briefly on our genealogy. We came in contact through the GenForm website (now part of Though we never met, she was my 2nd cousin. The last time we were in contact she had walked up and down the cemetery in Hampden, Maine looking for our great-grandparents graves, without any luck. I unsuccessfully tried to contact her after a work trip to Bangor where I was able to do a little research. Unfortunately, I learned later that she had passed away.

BREWER - Deborah Ann Luce, 50, died Oct. 23, 2005, at her home with her family, after a long illness with cancer. She was born at Dow Air Force Base, Bangor, the daughter of Frederick and Katherine (Snowman) Luce. Deborah attended Carmel Elementary School for one year then moved to Brewer and attended schools there where she graduated from Brewer High School in 1973. She then attended the University of Maine at Presque Isle. Deborah worked at Emple Knitting Mills, Bar Harbor Airlines, Bangor Hydro Electric Company and finally Snowmans Printing. She also owned and operated a home based business called Heart In Hand Creations, which was making crafts and doing small hand paintings. She enjoyed painting and crafts and music. Deborah was an avid Disney Fan. She is survived by her mother, Katherine and a sister, Susan, both of Brewer; two brothers, Michael Luce and his wife, Wendy, of Holden and their children, Joshua and Christopher and Frederick Luce and his wife, Amy and their children, Matthew and Nicholas of Brewer; special friends, Debbie Harmon and MINI Friends. She was predeceased by her father, Frederick C. Luce; and by grandparents, Gilbert and Gertrude (Leach) Snowman and Carleton and Cora (Ogden) Luce. Relatives and friends are welcome to call 6-8 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 26, at Brookings-Smith, Clark-Piper Chapel, 55 South Main St., Brewer. Private interment will be in Highland Cemetery, Carmel. Those wishing to remember Deborah in a special way may contribute in her memory to Hospice of Eastern Maine, 885 Union St., Suite 220, Bangor, ME 04401 or Bangor Area Visiting Nurses, 885 Union St. Bangor, ME 04401 or to CancerCare of Maine, care of Eastern Maine Charities, P.O. Box 404, Bangor, ME 04401.
Deborah Ann LUCE
66 from Alan Masison (13 Dec. 2002):
Charles was adopted in 1918 by the Farrington family, but they apparently never made it legal. After growing up as a Farrington he discovered years later that he was a Massison - but the name was corrupted as Masison. The Masison spelling continued though his children and remains today.

His children had believed that Joseph died in the flu of 1918 - but Charles would have been 15 years old and surely would have memories of his parents.

The Catholic Church took over the orphans including Charles, Mary, John, and other brothers and sisters. The Catholic Church could not provide for all of them so they asked a family leaving Mass on Sunday to take one or two home with them and feed them for a week and bring them to Mass next Sunday.

The Farringtons took Charles home and kept him. He never saw his sister Mary again until some time in the 1950's when John published a notice in the Boston Record American which Alan happened to see. The Masison's contacted John who was living in Cambridge, he spoke only French, and that led them to Mary and Bert Ogden who were living in or around Somerville. 
Charles Joseph (Massison) MASISON
67 Dorothy and I were briefly in contact regarding our genealogy. I had found a file she submitted to the Latter Day Saints genealogy project regarding the Massison's. Her mailing address was available with the file so I sent her a letter. One day, in 1999, she called but I was not home. My wife said she sounded very excited to have received the letter from someone else researching the Massison family. She said she would call back, but did not leave a number. A couple years later I sent her another letter, which was responded to in an email by one of her daughters. Dorothy had alzheimer’s and was not able to discuss genealogy. I was however put in contact with her brothers and one of her nieces who has been a great help. Dorothy passed away a few years later. We never talked.


Dorothy (Masison) Tucker
March 10, 2007
Tucker, of Plymouth, formerly of Sandwich, March 10th, Dorothy (Masison) 80. Mother of Paul James Tucker of Plymouth, Marilyn Greene of Buzzards Bay, Sharon Hall of Whitman, Susan Carter of Rye, NH, Jeanne Gorman of Oak Ridge, TN and the late Joan "Wendy" Stone. Sister of Charles Masison of Foxboro and Alan Masison of Weymouth. She also leaves 17 grandchildren, 7 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild. A Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday, March 14th at 6 PM at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1220 County Road, Cataumet. There are no visiting hours. In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association of Cape Cod & the Islands Inc., 712 Main St., Hyannis, MA 02601. Arrangements by the Richard Davis Funeral Homes of Plymouth and Manomet, MA. On-line condolences may be made at

Born: Mattapan, MA May 31, 1926
Father: Charles J. Masison deceased
Mother: Dorothy Campbell (Masker) Masison deceased
Schools: schools in Milton attended U Mass Dartmouth College for several
Employment: Chemical Lab Supervisor for Polaroid
Memberships: North Shore Art Assoc., Relief Society, served a full-time mission
In New Zealand. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -Cape Cod – Ward in Catumet
In Residence: Plymouth for 1 ˝ months coming from Sandwich.
Place of Death: Life Care Center, Plymouth March 10, 2007

other obituary

Dorothy (Madison) Tucker
PLYMOUTH, Mass. -- Dorothy (Madison) Tucker, 80, died Saturday, March 10, 2007, in the Life Care Center in Plymouth.
She was born May 31, 1926, in Mattapan, the daughter of the late Charles J. and Dorothy Campbell (Masker) Masison.
She was educated in Milton schools and attended the University of Massachusetts and Dartmouth College.
Mrs. Tucker was a chemical laboratory supervisor for Polaroid.
She was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Cape Cod Ward in Catumet.
She was a member of the North Shore Art Association and the Relief Society, and served as a full-time missionary in New Zealand.
She is survived by one son, Paul J. Tucker of Plymouth; four daughters, Marilyn Greene of Buzzards Bay, Sharon Hall of Whitman, Susan Carter of Rye, N.H., and Jeanne Gorman of Oak Ridge, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and two brothers, Charles Masison of Foxboro, and Alan Masison of Weymouth. 
68 from Allan Masison (13 Dec. 2002):
After John's parents, Joseph and Annie, died he was adopted and moved to Maine or Canada. He grew up speaking French. As an adult he tried working in the Boston area. Sometime in the 1950's John published a notice in the Boston Record American, which Allan Masision happened to see. The Masison's contacted John who was living in Cambridge, he spoke only French. That led them to Mary and Bert Ogden who were living in or around Somerville.

John and his family, wife and daughter, missed his friends back home. Allan Masison recalled helping John and his family move back to Littleton Maine around 1960.  
John (Massison) MASON
69 Dorothy Tucker has this Annie as Annie T. Massison (b. 1895, d. 1989, Brocton); date of her original record was 17 Feb 1896.
(did she mean 1889?)
Mary Droege had this info on Annie (December 15, 2002): Annie, b 12/18/1895, d 7/20/1898, b&d in Brockton 
70 The 1900 Census states that Annie had 8 children (5 were still living).

Possible Residence's
2## Cabot St, Beverly 1900
123 Cabot St, Beverly (widow of Hugh) 1910-1912
1913 possibly Cambridge
1923 similar 
Annie Martha MASSISON
71 Charles' birth record was NOT found at the Albany Vital Records office.

In 1880, according to the US Census, Charles was working in a candy shop. In 1890 his family was living in Brocton, he was boarding at his uncle Hugh Riley's in Quincy, and working as a confectioner. 
Charles Edward MASSISON
72 In 1890, at age 16, Joseph was working as a candy maker, his older brother Charles was listed as a confectioner (Brocton city directory).

Joseph's birth record was NOT found at the Albany Vital Records office.

whose children are these?
Births (MA Archives)
Massison (Female) Brockton 1902 522 130 Birth
Massison Agnes Elizabeth Brockton 1904 544 155 Birth
Massison Annie T. Brockton 1895 449 628 Birth
Massison Annle (Twin) Brockton 1889 395 432 Birth
Massison Ernest Brockton 1900 498 142 Birth
Massison Ernest L. Beverly 1900 496 401 Birth
Massison Ernest L. Boston 1900 499 364 Birth
Massison Ethel Claire Beverly 1906 558 412 Birth
Massison George Beverly 1907 566 431 Birth
Massison John Carroll Brockton 1910 592 173 Birth
Massison Joseph Francis Beverly 1898 475 390 Birth
Massison Mary (Twtn) Brockton 1889 395 432 Birth
Massison Pearl Rockerfellow Brockton 1896 458 628 Birth

Dorothy Tucker had an infant child of Joseph & Annie, but the birth date of August 1911 (Beverly) is too long after Joseph's death. 
Joseph Edward MASSISON
73 The 1910 US Census lists a Joseph F. Massison, 10 years old, at the Waltham School for the Feable Minded. (should have been 11 or 12 in 1910) Joseph Francis MASSISON
74 According to the 1880 & 1900 US Census's, Paul could not read or write (English).

Paul is first listed in Albany City Directories in 1867 as Paul Masterson, carpenter, home at 79 Canal; home at 57 Monroe in 1868-69; (nothing in 1870-71); home at Knox corner of First in 1872; (nothing in 1873). He's listed at Paul Massison, carpenter & builder in 1874, at corner of Knox and First (business advertisement on page 417).
In 1877 Paul Massison is listed at 7 Trinity Place, home at 107 Dallius (business advertisement page 414); In 1879 Paul Massison, carpenter, is still listed at 7 Trinity Place, but home is listed at 38 Clinton. Starting in 1881 Paul is listed at 77 Franklin and his home at Morton & Deleware (where he remained until he is last listed in 1889); and Henry is first listed as a carpenter boarding at Morton & Deleware.
In 1886-1888 Paul & Henry are listed together as carpenters (Paul & Henry Carpenters) at 71 South Hawk, home at 270 Morton, corner of Deleware Ave. Henry is listed in 1887 as having died July 10, 1886.
Starting in 1886, Charles E., carpenter, George J., silverplater, and William H., turner are also listed.
Paul and his family are last listed in 1889 as a carpenter with home at 270 Morton corner of Delaware Ave. Paul is not listed in 1890, but Hugh Riley is listed as 'removed to Brockton, MA'. In 1890 Paul, Joseph and William are listed at 98 Ford Street, in Brockton, MA. 
75 Lived with Hugh & Annie Riley family in 1900 (according to the US Census). His wife Mabel and son William J. were living there as well. William Henry MASSISON
76 Places of Residence:
13 Central Street, Beverly (born)
19 1/2 Beaver St, Cambridge (1920) with Hugh Reilly family
12 Andrews St, Cambridge (1930) with Hopkins family
50 River Street, Cambridge (bef 1935)
44 Colburn Road, Reading (bef 1970)
Reading; Apt.
2 Elderberry Lane, Reading Apt. 109 (bef 1982)

When Mary's parent's died she was taken in by her aunt, her fathers' sister, Annie (Massison) Reilly. Mary's brothers' Charles and John were given up for adoption, Charles being raised on the South Shore (Massachusetts), and John in Canada. Mary met her brothers again when she was in her 40's. Charles had his own business, and John could barely speak English (probably spoke French).

Mary is listed in the 1920 census as the adopted daughter of Hugh Reilly, who's wife was Annie (Massison) (though 1920 lists his wife as Mary E.). She is listed in the 1930 census as living with and being the "sister-in-law" to Lawrence Hopkins who was married to Annie M. (Reilly), Annie and Hugh's daughter and considered a sister of Mary. Annie Hopkins was also known as Doo-doo; and she had three (3) children in 1930: Arlene (AKA "Mickey"), Lawrence & Harold (the last two are for whom Mary's second child is named). 
77 possibly admitted to Fernald school for the feeble minded in Waltham, MA.
1920 census shows a Annie Massison - 48 yrs old, immigrated 1889, "married", b. abt. 1872, "patient"
(Morrison in online index)

also in 1910:
Joseph F? Massison, 10 yrs old

Annie S. Riley 14 yrs (not sure which census) 
78 Killed in an Indian attack on Groton
(this is the time of King Philip's War 1675-1676) 
79 might have had these other children:

Massison Annie Brockton 1889 401 355 Death
Massison Annie Salem 1900 504 711 Death
Massison Mary Brockton 1889 401 355 Death
Massison Mary A. (Geary) Brockton 1889 401 354 Death  
Paul Massison (Tee O.)
80 obituary: (Bangor Daily News, Monday, January 22, 1923, p.2)
James A. Ogden
James A. Ogden died Sunday at his home in East Hampden after a brief illness of pneumonia, aged 52 years. He was a native of Amherst, N.S., but for some time had been a resident of East Hampden and worked at his trade of electro-plater in Bangor manufacturing plants. Many acquaintances will learn of his untimely death with much regret.
Besides his wife, Mrs. Amelia Ogden, he leaves five daughters and three sons: Mrs. Carleton Luce, and the Misses Ella, Gladys, Hazel, Elsie, Bert, Jesse and Charles Ogden. He also leaves three sisters and two brothers: Mrs. John Wilson and Mrs. Henry Snell of Cambridge, Mass., Mrs. L. M. Campbell and Thomas A. Ogden of Amherst, N.S. and William H. Ogden, who lives in California.
Funeral services will be held at the residence at 2 o'clock, Wednesday afternoon and the intermnet in Locust Grove cemetery, Hampden.

Index to New Brunswick Marriages
Date 1900 | 11 | 10 (Y-M-D)
Parish ----
Number 2447
Reference B4/1900
Microfilm F15594  
Albert "James" OGDEN
81 (5) Margery, second daughter of William and Margaret Riley Chapman, married Thomas Ogden, a farmer of Chapman Settlement. They have one child named Lucius Melbourne.
(5) Lucius Mickey, youngest son of William and Margaret Riley Chapman, married Miss Alice L. Ogden, and resides at Chapman Settlement and follows farming. 
Alice Levinia OGDEN
82 Bert was born in the Amherst Shore area in Nova Scotia in 1901. Amherst Shore is near the connection to New Brunswick, and for a time they appeared to have lived in Moncton and Hopewell, New Brunswick. He had brown hair and green eyes according to his border crossing record in 1914.

His father, Albert "James" Ogden, was a farmer in Nova Scotia. He moved the family to Hampden, ME, just south of Bangor in June 1914. Bert crossed the border on June 17, 1914 with his mother and siblings to meet his father in Hampden. James worked there as a nickel plater (electroplator) at the Crogan Manufacturing Company [2] at 27 Franklin Street in Bangor where they manufactured tape measures. Bert worked as a mattressmaker at the Bangor Mattress Company[1]. They lived in (East) Hampden, Maine.

Bert grew up the oldest of at least 8 siblings, the youngest, Charles, being born in Hampden when Bert was 21. His father died the following year. Bert, his mother, and family moved into Bangor around that time, and to Cambridge, Massachusetts a few years later. In Massachusetts, Bert worked for Simplex Electric (and Conduit?) - the company that built the American end cable for the first trans Atlantic telephone cable. He was a wire tester and electrical foreman; his coworkers called him Zeek.

Bert's mother died in 1931 when he was almost 30 years old. He married Mary Massison-Reilly at the Blessed Sacrament Church in Cambridge in 1935. They had 2 children born in 1938 and 1945. Bert became a naturalized citizen in 1940 after being in America for about 26 years. His brother Jesse was naturalized 2 years later. His youngest brother Charles recieved the Purple Heart during World War II, and was killed in Korea in 1950.

Places of Residence:
1901: Nova Scotia (born)
1914-1925: Bangor, Maine
before 1931: 13 Andrews Street, Cambridge
before 1935: 20 Watson Street, Cambridge
- 197_: 44 Colburn Road, Reading
Reading; Apt.
- 1982: 2 Elderberry Lane, Reading; Apt. 109

120 Second Street, - BANGOR, MAINE.
Manufacturers and Jobbers in

[2] Crogan Manufacturing Company "recently" formed to manufacture an improved patent tape-measure. [Irving Stetson, Treasurer - Harvard College Class of 1907, Secretary's Fourth Report, June 1917]
The 'One-Man' Tape

Simplex Wire & Cable Company:
In 1895 the Simplex Wire & Cable Company was incorporated for operation in Cambridge, Massachusetts--and the name of Morss & Whyte became history.
On December 1, 1953, AT&T announced plans to link North America and Europe with a transatlantic telephone cable. The project was a joint venture of AT&T, the British Post Office, the Canadian Overseas Telecommunications Corporation and the Eastern Telephone & Telegraph Company (a Canadian subsidiary of the Bell Telephone System). Simplex built the American portion of the cables and with the help of Bell Labs, supplied research and development data to Submarine Cables Ltd.--a British firm responsible for manufacturing the other sections of the transatlantic cable. Two repeatered cables were laid: one for transmission from east to west, and the other for transmission from west to east. The cables were placed 20 miles apart to allow for easy retrieval in any future grappling operation needed for repairs. The system was in place and opened for public use on September 25, 1956.
In 1974 Simplex became a wholly owned subsidiary of Exeter, New Hampshire-based Tyco International Ltd.
in 1994, Simplex Wire & Cable Company changed its name to Simplex Technologies Inc.

"From 1953 until about 1976," Simplex Marketing Services Representative Ed Miles wrote in a company missive, "about 90 percent of Simplex business was the making of surveillance cables that linked hydrophones for the U.S. government. All around the U.S. coastline, a virtual spiderweb of Simplex cables connected hydrophones that could detect and disseminate the movements of ships and submarines. The hydrophones could pick up each ship's 'fingerprint' to determine whether or not it was a friendly ship."
July 2000 - Simplex Technologies, a name on the Seacoast for decades, officially became TyCom
Launched in 1865 as a maker of steel wire products like birdcages, the company eventually moved into cable, building the American portion of the first transatlantic telephone line in 1955
Bert Ernest OGDEN
83 Charlie was born in Maine 21 years after his oldest sibling. His father died a year later and the family moved to Cambridge, MA. His mother died when he was 9 years old. He became a soldier in the U.S. Army and fought during both World War II and the Korean War.

Charlie enlisted in the Army on May 27, 1940. He was originally a member of the Yankee Division, 26th Infantry Division, a major formation of the Massachusetts Army National Guard. He was likely a member of the 182nd Infantry Regiment, which along with the recently added 164th Infantry Regiment was transferred out of Yankee Division and assigned to Task Force 6814, on 14 January 1942. This task force was sent to Melbourne, Australia for nearly five months of combat training. Immediately following Pearl Harbor, on December 7, 1941, the United States hurriedly sent three individual regiments to defend New Caledonia against a feared Japanese attack. On May 24, 1942, this task force became one of only two un-numbered divisions to serve in the Army during World War II. Known as the Americal Division, derived from a combination of "America" and "New Caledonia", it was comprised of the 182nd, 164th, and the 132nd Infantry Regiments.

Early in World War II Charlie fought at Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands.

Later in the war he volunteered for a "Dangerous and Hazardous Mission" and trained for long-range penetration behind enemy lines in Japanese-held Burma as part of the special operations light infantry unit known as "Merrill's Marauders". In Burma Charlie served in Company B of the 1st Battalion 5307th Composite Unit (Provisional). He was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds he received on May 24, 1944, most likely at Myitkyina, North Burma. After the Burma mission, the 5307th was consolidated into the 475th Infantry Regiment (the modern-day 75th Ranger Regiment).

Charlie may have returned to his previous unit in the Americal Division, as he was photographed at Kobe base in 1946. He re-enlisted in 1946 at Fort Devens, one year after WWII ended. He was honorably discharged on Decemeber 31, 1948.

Charlie re-enlisted again on February 17, 1949. He was stationed at Fort Benning with Company E of 15th Infantry Regiment. He married Shirley Schaub from New Orleans on July 31, 1950 - just prior to shipping out for Korea. In Korea he was a Master Sargeant in Company B of the 31st Infantry Regiment of the 7th Infantry Division. He was killed December 1, 1950 during the deadliest days of the war in a battle east of the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea. His body was not returned to the United States until 1955, five (5) years after his death.

Service timeline:
The date and division of his original enlistment is not known.
(1942-43) Guadalcanal
1943, Sept.: India training for Burma campaign (based on his 5307th service)
1944: India/Burma (listed as an original member of the 5307th)
1944, May: wounded, presumably at Charparte, north Burma.
1944, Aug.: (5307th became the 475th)
1945-46: Kobe, Japan; photographed in 1946 receiving his Purple Heart at Kobe army base in Japan for his wounds in Burma.
1946: Re-enlisted Fort Banks, Winthrop, MA. Assigned to Hawaiian Department.
1948: honorably discharged
1949: Re-enlisted; stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia training other soldiers. When war in Korea broke he was told he would not have to go because he had been in combat... but he chose to go.
1950: married a Shirley Schaub from New Orleans, Louisiana prior to shipping out to Korea.
1950: North Korea (First Inchon landings were Sept 15; his regiment landed at Inchon Sept 19 and took responsibility for the zone south of Seoul highway where they engaged in heavy fighting with North Korean soldiers. After Seoul was retaken, they headed for the Yalu River, he was KIA December 1 at Chosin Reservoir.)

World War II:
He fought at Guadalcanal; this would have been in either 1942 or 1943.
Later with US Army 5307th Composite Unit (Provisional), 1st Battalion, Company B, White Combat Team in Burma with Merrill's Marauders. He Received multiple Purple Heart in World War II (per LHO)
Merrill's Marauders were the 5307th Composite Unit (provisional) led by Brigadier General Frank Merrill. They were a US long range penetration special forces unit (US Army Rangers) which fought in the Burma Campaign of World War II. They were active from 1943-1944, being disbanded on August 10, 1944. Code named "Galahad", this unit was comprised of volunteers for a "Dangerous and Hazardous Mission". "Of the 2,750 to enter Burma, only 2 were left alive who had never been hospitalized with wounds or major illness" ( ). In slightly more than five months of combat, the Marauders had advanced 750 miles through some of the harshest jungle terrain in the world, fought in 5 major engagements (Walawbum, Shaduzup, Inkangahtawng, Nhpum Ga, and Myitkyina) and engaged in combat with the Japanese Army on thirty-two separate occasions. Battling Japanese soldiers, hunger, fevers, and disease, they had traversed more jungle terrain on their long-range missions than any other U.S. Army formation during World War II. The men of the Merrill's Marauders enjoyed the rare distinction of having each soldier awarded the Bronze Star. In June 1944, the 5307th Composite Unit (provisional) was awarded the Distinguished Unit Citation:
"The unit must display such gallantry, determination, and esprit de corps in accomplishing its mission under extremely difficult and hazardous conditions as to set it apart and above other units participating in the same campaign. "

In January 1944 the 5307th was formed by Special Order #3 by transferring the original volunteers from 3 separate travel and training Casual Detachments 1688A, 1688B, & 1688C. Charlie was transferred from 1688A. ( )
On 10 August 1944, the Marauders were consolidated to the 475th Infantry. A decade, later, on 21 June 1954, the 475th Infantry was re-designated as the 75th Infantry, thus, Merrill's Marauders is the parent, 75th Infantry Regiment, from which descends the contemporary 75th Ranger Regiment.( ).

Link to study entitled "Merrill's Marauders: Combined Operations in Northern Burma in 1944", by the Command and General Staff College:

Lineage: In September 1943 volunteers travelled to India on a transport with a battalion from the United States which was to become the 1st BN, a battalion from the Caribbean area which was to become the 2d BN, and a battalion comprised of men serving in the South & Southwest Pacific areas which was to become the 3d BN. On 10 Oct 43 they organized at Deogarh, India as the 5307th Composite Regiment, Provisional, and were activated 1 Jan 44 under U.S. Army Forces in China-Burma-India; 2 Jan 44 redesignated as the 5307th Composite Unit, Provisional, also known as GALAHAD Force and Merrill's Marauders; organized into three long-range penetration battalions and entered Hukawing Valley Burma on 12 Feb 44; assigned to the Northern Combat Area Command on 8 May 44 and operated behind Japanese front lines, capturing Myitkyina Airfield along the Irrawaddy river 17 May 44; 3d Bn defeated at Charpate 24 May 44 and 2nd Bn driven from Namkwi 26 May 44; battled at Myitkyina until captured city 3 Aug 44 where disbanded on 10 Aug 44 and assets transferred to 475th Infantry Regiment (the modern-day 75th Ranger Regiment). ( )

Charles is listed among "our brother Marauders who have answered the final roll call" ( )
Ogden, Charles A. - 20105959 - Pfc. - 5307th - 1950
and as a Private First Class in Company "B" SO#3, HQ 5307 Comp Regt, (Prov) 5 Jan 1944 (, as a transfer from from Company A of the 1688th Casual Detatchment:
Ogden, Charles A. 20105959
Rank Last Name First MI Service # Bat. C.T. Comp.
Pfc Ogden Charles A. 20105959 1st White B
(C.T. = Combat Team... Blue, Khaki, Red, White, Green, Orange, Med, Hdq, )
WHITE COMBAT TM Commanding Officer: Maj. Caifson Johnson

Charlie married Shirley Schaub from New Orleans, Louisiana on July 31, 1950. They were married in Phenix City, Russell County, Alabama which is just over the state line from Fort Benning, Georgia. Shirley was employed as a social worker, but had served with the Red Cross during World War II, presumably in France as she is listed on the passenger list of the MS John Ericcson, a military transport ship leaving France in September, 1945 - the end of the war in Europe.

Korean War ('Conflict'):
US Army Reserve Infantry (branch) unit 31, INF RGT, 7th INF DIV
Killed during the Battle at the Chosin Reservoir (11/27/1950-12/6/1950)
Service Number: RA 20105959
In January 1946, General MacArthur restored his former guard of honor to active service at Seoul, Korea, assigning the 31st to the 7th Infantry Division. For the next 2 years the 31st Infantry performed occupation duty in central Korea, facing the Soviet Army across the 38th Parallel. In 1948, the occupation of Korea ended and the regiment moved to the Japanese island of Hokkaido, occupying the land of its former tormentor. When North Korean troops invaded South Korea in the summer of 1950, the 31st Infantry was stripped to cadre strength to reinforce other units being sent to Korea. In September, the division was restored to full strength with replacements from the U.S. and Koreans hastily drafted by their government and shipped to Japan for a few weeks training before returning to their homeland as members of American units. The 31st Infantry returned to Korea as part of MacArthur's United Nations "X Corps" tasked with invading Inchon, taking Seoul and then North Korea.( )
The first landings at Inchon occurred September 15; the 31st landed on September 19 and took responsibility of the zone south of Seoul highway. They engaged in heavy fighting with North Korean soldiers as X Corps took back Seoul. Afterwards X Corps proceeded into North Korea towards the Yalu River at it's border with Chineese Manchuria. After serveral warnings by China threatening involvement in North Korea, American and U.N. commanders believed China would not risk war, and that any Chinese soldiers in North Korea were in small numbers. After the successful campaigns at Inchon and Seoul the war seemed to be almost over. Soldiers were told they'd be home for Christmas. They were surprised at the Chosin Reservoir in late November as the 30,000 U.N. troops were surrounded by 60,000 Chinese. A brutal battle lasting 17 days ensued in freezing weather over extremely rough terain. U.N. forces retreated out of North Korea which was recaptured by China and the North Koreans. U.N. forces lost nearly 6,000 men in this battle and another 7,000 non-battle casualties many due to the cold weather; while the Chinese lost 19,000 in battle and another 29,000 non-battle casulties. The war dragged on for another two and half years.

"During the battle, UN casualties were buried in temporary grave sites along the road. Operation Glory took place between July to November 1954, during which the dead of each side were exchanged." The remains of nearly 4,000 US Soldiers and Marines were returned, with all but about 400 identified by name. Charlie's body was returned to the United States and he was buried in 1955.

Source Information:
United States, Office of the Secretary of Defense. Korean Conflict Casualty File 1950-1957
Name: Charles A Ogden
Birth Date: 1922
Race: White
Home State: Massachusetts
Casualty Date: 1 Dec 1950
Casualty Country: North Korea Sector
Casualty Type: Killed in Action OR Missing in Action, KIA
Group: KIA or Missing in Action, KIA
Branch: Infantry
Component: USA - RA (Reg Army)
Rank: Master Sergeant
Pay Grade: Master Sergeant
Previous Detail: Missing in Action
Disposed Date: 1 Dec 1950
Disposed Place: North Korea
Organization: In Div - 7th
Element Sequence: Cv Div Cav Regt Inf
Unit #: 0031
Service Occupation: Light Weapons Assault Crewman OR Light Weapons Infantry Leader

(same source, listed twice:)
Name: Charles A Ogden
Birth Date: 1922
Gender: Male
Race: Caucasian
Home City: Middlesex
Home State: Massachusetts
Citizen Status: US Citizen
Death Date: 1 Dec 1950
Processed Date: Nov 1979
Casualty Country: Korea
Casualty Type: Hostile - Killed
Casualty Cause: US Army - No Information Available
Casualty Air: US Army - No Information Available
Service Branch: US Army
Component: Reserve (USAR, USNR, USAFR, USMCR, USCGR)
Rank: Master Sergeant
Pay Grade: First Sergeant (U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps) Or Senior Master Sergeant (U.S. Air Force) Or Master Sergeant (U.S. Army) Or Grade/Rate Abbreviations With First Column: Any Entry; Second Column: Any Entry; Third Column: S; Fourth Column: Blank (U.S. Na

National Archives - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938-1946 (Enlistment Records).
Field Title - Value - Meaning:
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 20105959 20105959
GRADE: CODE 8 Private
BRANCH: CODE 38 Transportation Corps
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 3 Enlistment for Hawaiian Department
EDUCATION 0 Grammar school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 499 Skilled occupations in manufacture of electrical machinery and accessories, n.e.c.
MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 1 Regular Army (including Officers, Nurses, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)
BOX NUMBER 0328 0328
FILM REEL NUMBER 3.50# 3.50#

According to the American Battle Monuments Commission website (
Master Sergeant Ogden was awarded the Purple Heart, the Combat Infantryman's Badge, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.  
Charles Albert OGDEN
84 Obituary (Lowell Sun, March 9, 2003):
He was born in Boston's Charlestown on March 16, 1933, a son of the late Jesse and Beatrice Chapman) Ogden. He received his degree from Northeastern University. He was raised in Somerville, where he lived until moving to Tewksbury in 1965. During the Korean War, Mr. Ogden served in the U.S. Marine Corps, and was assigned to the shipboard security forces. He was honorably discharged as a disabled veteran. He was employed by AT&T, now Lucent Technologies, the successor companies to Western Electric's - North Andover Production and Research Center. He retired in 1999 as a quality control auditor, after a nearly 35-year career with the company. He enjoyed league play at Academy Bowling Lanes in North Andover, and also golfed in several leagues. He was a baseball fan, and also a skilled handyman and carpenter. Besides his wife, he is survived by two sons and their wives, Gary B. Ogden and Catherine Padberg of San Antonio, Gregg M. and Carole (Uhron) Ogden of Newburyport; a daughter and her husband, Paula J. and Steve Guttadauro of Wakefield; five grandchildren, Luke and Cody Guttadauro, Christopher, Jessica, and Matthew Ogden; a brother, James Ogden of North Andover; two sisters, Beatrice and her husband John Price of Billerica, and Dorothy Ogden of Somerville; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.

Boston Globe, March 16, 2003
TEWKSBURY - Charles B. Ogden, 69, of Tewksbury, who retired
from Lucent Technologies, died March 7 at Saints Memorial
Medical Center in Lowell after suffering a heart attack at his
Charles B. OGDEN
85 RS141B7
Index to New Brunswick Marriages
Date 1889 | 10 | 02 (Y-M-D)
County KINGS
Parish --
Number 10
Reference B1h
Microfilm F13382  
Hannah J. OGDEN
86 Korean War veteran

James A. Ogden, 75, died May 21, 2007 on his way to go deep sea fishing; one of his greatest pleasures. He was raised and educated in Somerville, born to the late Jesse and Beatrice (Chapman) Ogden. He had been a longtime Belmont resident. After his education, he served in the US Air Force during the Korean War.
Most of his life, he worked as a plumber, first at D.L. Murphy in Belmont and then self employed for the remaining years. He was an avid fisherman, especially deep sea, going as far as Alaska, he enjoyed music and had a very large record collection. His interest varied and he enjoyed cooking, travel, antiquing and going to yard sales. The time spent with his family and grandchildren was treasured by him.
Widower of Barbara J (Crowley) Ogden, he is survived by 2 daughters and their husbands Pamela and Joseph Baptista of Woburn, Diane and Ted Hanley of North Andover, stepdaughter Vera and her husband Mark Walters of Virginia, stepson Steve Machacek of Virginia, two sisters Dorothy Ogden of Somerville, Beatrice and her husband John Price of Billerica,9 grandchildren, Brianna, Brett, Patrick, Kellie, Tom, Steve, Evan, Noel, and Grace; three great grandchildren, Courtney, Tyler, Ryan and several nieces and nephews. He was the brother of the late Charles Ogden.
Family and friends are invited to funeral services on Thursday evening at 7 PM at the Dewhirst and Conte Funeral Home, 17 Third Street, North Andover. Burial will be private. Friends may call also on Thursday from 4 - 7 PM at the Funeral Home. 
James A. OGDEN
87 most likely related to William and Eliza Ogden - their children died of Scarlet Fever within days of each other in Amherst Shore. James Harvey OGDEN
88 (Farmer in Chapman Settlement in 1888 in Amherst, N.S.) Jesse OGDEN
89 d. 12th inst., Chapman Settlement, N.S., of inflammation of the bowels, John H. OGDEN, age 16 years 8 mos., second s/o Jesse OGDEN and Rebecca OGDEN
Daniel F. Johnson : Volume 49 Number 1653
Date November 27 1879
County Westmorland
Place Sackville
Newspaper Chignecto Post
(d.=death, inst.=instant, s/o=son of)

90 (5) Margery, second daughter of William and Margaret Riley Chapman, married Thomas Ogden, a farmer of Chapman Settlement. They have one child named Lucius Melbourne.
(5) Lucius Mickey, youngest son of William and Margaret Riley Chapman, married Miss Alice L. Ogden, and resides at Chapman Settlement and follows farming. 
Thomas A. OGDEN
91 could be: may 24, 1911? Amherst Beach (if same) W. Hagen O. 65 yr (William "Hagen" OGDEN)
92 most likely related to James and Amanda Ogden - their children died of Scarlet Fever within days of each other in Amherst Shore. (William "Hagen" OGDEN)
Robert Proctor, the earliest American ancestor of the families to which this volume is devoted, first appears in this country at Concord, Massachusetts, where he was made. a freeman in 1643. He married, Dec. 31, 1645, Jane, the eldest daughter of Richard Hildreth of Concord and Chelmsford, the ancestor of the Hildreths of America, who died at Chelmsford in 1688, and whose younger daughter, Abigail, became the wife of Moses Parker.

In 1653 Robert Proctor, in connection with Richard Hildreth and twenty-seven others, petitioned the General Court for a grant of land six miles square, ' ' to begin at Merrimack river at a neck of land next to Concord river, and so run up by Concord river south, and west into the country to make up that circumference or quantity of land as is above expressed." The petition was granted. In 1654 Mr. Proctor removed to the new plantation which was organized, November twenty-second of that year, as a town under the name of Chelmsford. The first four or five of his children were born in Concord, the others in Chelmsford. His descendants resided in many of the neighboring towns, and at an early date some of them pushed back into the wilderness and settled in New Hampshire, Vermont and New York, and have since scattered over the West.

He died at Chelmsford, April 28, 1697. Letters of administration upon his estate were granted to Jane Proctor, executrix, July 13, 1697. In his will, dated March 10, 1695-6, he speaks of having already deeded lands to his sons Gershom, Peter, James, John, Samuel and Israel, and mentions son Thomas, to whom certain lands are given if he "live and return from Sea to New England;" also daughters Dorothy Barrett, Elizabeth Proctor, Sarah Chamberlain and Mary Bourne. Some of his children settled in what afterwards became the West Precinct, and later the town of Westford. His children were as follows:

I. Sarah, b. Oct. 12, 1646; m. Aug. 10. 1606. Thos. Chamberlain
II. Gershom, b. May 13.1648
III. Mary, b. Apr. 20. 165O; m. 1685. John Bourne
IV. Peter, b. 1652
V. Dorothy, b. 1654; m. Dec. 18. 1679, John Barrett. Jr.
VI. Elizabeth, b. Dec. 16, 1656; became in 1765 the third wife of Samuel Fletcher
VII. James, b. Jan. 8. 1658
VIII. Lydia, b. Feb. 19, 1660 ; d. Aug. 13. 1661
IX. John, b. Aug. 17. 1663
X. Samuel, b. Sept. 15, 1665
XI. Israel, b. Apr. 39, 1668
XII. Thomas, b. Apr. 30, 1671; went to sea and there Is no evidence that he returned

The arms of the Proctor family (see frontispiece) were granted A.D. 1436, and the shield is described as "argent with two chevrons sable, between three martlets sable." The chevron is used to distinguish those families who came over with William the Conqueror, and the martlet to mark the younger branches in contradistinction to the main stem.

There is evidence that John, Richard, George and Robert Proctor came across the water and settled in Massachusetts between the years 1635 and 1643. It is probable that some if not all of these four were descendants of the William above mentioned, although it is not possible at present to establish the fact of such descent.

It is not certain that any one of the four was related to any of the others. But coming from England so nearly at the same time, and settling as they did within such short distances of one another, it seems reasonable to suppose that some, if not all, of them were brothers, or at least that there was some relationship existing among them.  
94 Annie & Lawrence lived at 155 Pearl Street, Cambridge, in 1923. Annie M. REILLY
95 The Hugh at 19 Beaver in Cambridge is most likely NOT this Hugh:
The 1920 census is a little confusing, because it lists a Hugh Riley, Mary E. (his wife), and an adopted daughter Mary. Hugh is 66, his wife is 62 (2 years older than than she should be?), and Mary the younger is 10 years old (about Mary Massison Riley's age). They are listed at 19 1/2 Beaver Street, Cambridge, MA. This is NOT the Hugh married to Annie Massison... Hugh & Mary E. are listed as immigrants in 1855, and naturalized in 1870; Hugh being born in Scotland, Mary E. in England. The adopted Mary was listed as born in Massachusetts; as were her parents. This Hugh was a street work laborer, and the Mary's didn't work. Besides, Mrs. Annie Riley is widowed by 1910. There IS a Mrs. Annie Riley listed at 290 Mass Ave., Cambridge in 1913?? (but no other family there).

96 Mrs. Mary A. Simon, widow of Stephen A. Simon, died at her home, 140 Essex Street this morning (March 11, 1912). Her husband was for many years the well known confectioner, and she carried on the business after his death. She leaves a son, Henry Simon, who still continues the business, a daughter, Mrs. Gertrude Whitcomb of Beverly, and three grandchildren. (from her obituary in the Salem Evening News, Monday, March 11, 1912.) Mary A SHORTELL
97 Rememberances of History:
the Depression: it was hard times, he was in it.
Pearl Harbor: Harry was working for the Beverly Post Office
JFK assination: He was watching TV; he had remarried and was living in Beverly; owned his own Simmons Heat Treating business, which he started in 1952.

He remembers his childhood home as an old house in Salem, MA. The family lived on the 2nd & 3rd floors over the bake shop. He recalls that in 1921, while he was being bathed in the tub upstairs, there was an earthquake and the water was rolling around the tub. His father picked him out of the tub and carried him downstairs and outside to Essex Street in front of the shop.

Harry dropped out of school (high school or college?) and started a metalurgy factory. He holds pattents for metals that the military uses. His sister's thought he was crazy for not going to college... turns out he did quite fine.

Harry was moved to an Englewood Hospice House on or before March 20, 2009 for palliative care.
Harry died (March 26, 2009) at 6:30 after spending a peaceful night. His wife Elizabeth Jean (BJ) and daughter Andrea were with him. He had received the Sacrament for the Sick on Tuesday. May he rest in peace. (Ann Misoda)

Harry Francis Simmons
Simmons, Harry Francis
July 22, 1916 - March 26, 2009
Harry Francis Simmons, 92, of Englewood, formerly of Beverly, Mass., died March 26, 2009.
Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at St. David's Episcopal Church of Englewood.
Survivors include his wife of 46 years, B.J.; daughters Andrea Mills of Danvers, Mass., and Susan Jositas of Trumbull, Conn.; a son, Ronald of Beverly; sisters Anna Panza and Ruth K. Simons, both of Marblehead, Mass.; seven grandchildren; and 10 great grandchildren.
Donations may be made to a charity of choice.

list of 209 FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Englewood, FL:
Call Sign: KK4WC, Previous Call Sign: WB4CZD
Grant Date: 01/12/1988, Expiration Date: 01/12/1998, Cancelation Date: 01/13/2000
Registrant: Harry F Simmons, 579 Spruce St, Englewood, FL 33533 
Harry Francis SIMMONS
98 "Geo Choate" (physician?)|235326832
Adeline Metilda SIMON
99 "New Ground"|235326832
Adeline Metilda SIMON
100 from the Alumni Record of 1937 for the State Normal School / State Teachers College (now know as Salem State College):
Anna Winifred Simon, 443 Cabot St Beverly (JH) Gr 1-8 Greensboro Bend Vt 29-

Anna chose her own middlename at Confirmation. She chose Winifred (her sister Ruth says she has always liked fancy names). 
Anna Winifred SIMON

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 Next»